A video tour about DAVE Embedded Systems' R&D dept: discover what you can do staying at DAVE Embedded Systems' facilities for your Stage/thesis!
Students / Stages / Internships
Our labs host students and interns working on stages and experimental thesis during the whole year. The topics explored in these internships usually belong to the following macro-areas:
- Embedded Electronics Systems: this area is related to the core business of the company
- Management Information System, which is part of the company IT infrastructure
- Communication and marketing, which is part of the Technical Sales Department.
Our thesis/internship proposals for students/interns/graduating students
In this page, we'll present specific proposals and some examples of past thesis. We would like to emphasize that, due to the characteristics of our business, the range of topics of interest (technologies, scientific, applications) is huge, and it's not possible to prepare formal proposals for each one. For this reason, if you are evaluating the possibility of carrying out an internship or a thesis with us, but you can't find a proposal that perfectly matches your interests, we suggest you to contact us through the email address you'll find below. Thus, we'll be able to evaluate the possibility of finding a topic that is interesting for both of us.
Please note that our proposals can be accessed by both junior and senior graduating students. The topic will be adjusted to fit the knowledge and skills acquired by the students. Each topic, on student suggestions, can be adapted to get closer to the research area of the student's supervisor. The proposals will be evaluated to check their compatibility with the targets of the company. We suggest interested students contact the company, to go deeper into the matter and get the whole picture.
Finally, we report that the experimental thesis are an effective instrument for the recruitment of new employees. This is confirmed by the fact that a relevant part of of our R&D team has been hired right after the completion of the internship.
Embedded Systems Area
This area is vast and strongly interdisciplinary. The following is a not exhaustive list of topics related to it:
- microprocessor systems
- programmable logics (FPGA)
- operating systems (Linux, Android, etc.)
- real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- image processing
- video encoding
- pattern recognition
- switching amplifiers
- motion control
- functional security and high reliability
- electronic design and signal integrity
- electromagnetic compatibility
- Industrial IoT, cloud platforms, and mobile app
- cybersecurity and embedded systems.
video summary of an experience
Some other examples of completed thesis:
- Design of a highly-configurable embedded module built upon an FPGA architecture with integrated PowerPC processor
- Implementation of an embedded system with hardware 2D-graphic acceleration on FPGA
- Application of IEC 61508 regulations for functional safety in a programmable system for motor control
- Implementation of Linux and FreeRTOS operating systems in Asymmetric Multi-Processing Platform (2017)
- Hardening of an industrial IoT system
An Example: DAVE Embedded Systems supports the Trieste University's Car Racing Team
DAVE Embedded Systems is devoted to supporting educational programs and projects in local High Schools and Universities. The aim of this support is to create interest about embedded systems technologies and increase the understanding of these devices in students and teachers/professors.
This is the reason why DAVE Embedded Systems has encouraged the new project UniTS Racing Team "Faster Than Bora" (http://formulasae.units.it/). This project started thanks to the strong impulse of some students who have the aim to compete with other Italian Universities around the design of electrical cars and compete in the Formula SAE program.