Zynq XC7007S / 12S / 14S / XC7Z010 / XC7Z020 - BORA
Processor: Xilinx "Zynq" XC7007S / XC7012S / 7014S / XC7Z010 / XC7Z020
BORA is the top-class Single and Dual Cortex-A9 + FPGA CPU module by DAVE Embedded Systems, based on the recent Xilinx "Zynq" XC7007S / XC7012S / 7014S / XC7Z010 / XC7Z020 application processor.
BORA offers great computational power, thanks to the rich set of peripherals, the Dual Cortex-A9 and the Artix-7 FPGA inside.
BORA is designed in order to keep full compatibility with the Ultra Line CPU modules, to guarantee the premium quality and technical value of those customers that requires top performances.
- Unmatched performance thanks to Single/Dual ARM Cortex-A9 @800MHz
- All memories you need: On board NOR and NAND Flash Memory
- Enabling smarter system thanks to Artix-7 FPGA integrated on-chip
- FPGA banks wide range PSU input from 1.2V to 3.3V
- Highest security and reliability: Internal voltage monitoring and power good enable
- Reduced carrier complexity: DUAL CAN, USB, Ethernet GB and native 3.3 V I/O
- Easy to fit thanks to its small form factor
- Precise timing application thanks to 5ppm RTC on board
AN-BELK-004: Interfacing Xilinx Zynq EVB to TFT LCD display
AN-BELK-003: Interfacing DDR3 SDRAM to PL
Available evaluation boards:
BELK-L - BORA Evaluation Kit
BORA Evaluation Kit BELK-L-S is a development/test board designed to start working with the BORA platform and experimenting with the implemented features. The carrier board hosts a BORA CPU module and offers the following features:
Price and availability
BORA Embedded Linux Kit is composed of:
- BORA Carrier board
- BORA SOM
- Serial cable adapter for connect to system console +
- PINSTRIP 5 x 2 x 2,54 mm to DB9 connector
- U-Boot bootloader (source code and binaries)
- Linux operating system (source code and binaries)
- DVDK virtual machine with pre-installed development environment
- Full BORA documentation (Manuals, User's Guides, Application Notes, Carrier boards schematics, Mechanical Drawings...) included in the uSD card
- complimentary access to DAVE Embedded Systems' BORA RESERVED AREA
- Periodic updates (documentation revisions, new Application Notes, new Design notes)
BORA Evaluation Kit - BELK-L Description & Version
Please visit DAVE Embedded Systems Developer's Wiki for further information.
XILINX ZYNQ SDSoC Development Environment for BORA SOM
The SDSoC™ development environment provides a greatly simplified ASSP-like C/C++ programming experience including an easy to use Eclipse IDE and a comprehensive design environment for heterogeneous Zynq® All Programmable SoC and MPSoC deployment. Complete with the industry’s first C/C++ full-system optimizing compiler, SDSoC delivers system level profiling, automated software acceleration in programmable logic, automated system connectivity generation, and libraries to speed programming. It also enables end user and 3rd party platform developers to rapidly define, integrate, and verify system level solutions and enable their end customers with a customized programming environment. DAVE Embedded Systems has integrated, in partnership with Xilinx, the SDSoC™ on BORA SOM based on Xilinx Zynq. Details about SDSoC development on BORA SOM:
PL I/Os enabled
Special Design Examples
Latest version tested
How to get it
- Contact DAVE Embedded Systems' sales office email@example.com
- Sales team will ask you information about your business case
- When approved, you will obtain access to DAVE Embedded Systems' reserved area where it is possible to download the available documentation and the SW release
- The SDSoC Development Environment is tested on DAVE Embedded Systems' official evaluation kit for BORA SOM.
- THE BORA SOM Evaluation Kit ( BELK-L-S ) is available through all DAVE Embedded Systems' sales channels and Digikey and Mouser catalogues
Software Updates - LONG TERM SUPPORT:
DAVE Embedded Systems is committed to provide updated software along the life cycles of its products. This is possible maintaining products aligned with Silicon Vendor releases. Additionally to this the bug fixes are committed and published on GIT server. More information on how to have access to this are available HERE
Mean time between failures (MTBF)
QR code labels
View DAVE Embedded Systems certifications for ISO 13485, ISO 9001, REACH regulation, RoHS regulation, and more here.