Zynq XC7Z007S / 12S / 14S / XC7Z010 / XC7Z020 - BORA Lite
Processor: Zynq XC7Z007S / 12S / 14S / XC7Z010 / XC7Z020
BORA Lite is the updated version of BORA SOM in a more compact and convenient form factor SODIMM DDR3 204pins. This new top-class Single/Dual Cortex-A9 + FPGA CPU module by DAVE Embedded Systems is based on the recent Xilinx Zynq XC7Z007S/012S/014S or XC7Z010/XC7Z020 application processor. Thanks to BORA Lite, customers are going to save time and resources by using a compact solution that includes both a CPU and an FPGA, avoiding complexities on the carrier PCB. Additionally, thanks to SODIMM form factor this solution represent the cheapest way to integrate a Zynq SOC in an embedded design.
The use of this processor enables extensive system-level differentiation of new applications in many industry fields, where high-performance and extremely compact form facto are key factors. Smarter system designs are made possible, following the trends in functionalities and interfaces of the new, state-of-the-art embedded products.
BORA Lite, like its parent BORA offers great computational power, thanks to the rich set of peripherals, the Single/Dual Cortex-A9 and the Artix-7 FPGA together with a large set of high-speed I/Os (up to 5GHz).
Thanks to the tight integration between the ARM-based processing system and the on-chip programmable logic, designers are free to add virtually any peripheral or create custom accelerators that extend system performance and better match specific application requirements.
BORA Lite is designed and manufactured according to DAVE Embedded Systems LITE Line specifications, in order to guarantee premium quality and technical value for customers who require the best quality/price ratio.
BORA Lite is suitable mainly for medical and industrial applications such as medical devices, Industrial PLCs, IoT systems and any other APP where FPGAs are the best fit.
- Unmatched performance thanks to single/dual ARM Cortex-A9@ up to 800MHz
- All memories you need: on-board NOR and NAND Flash
- Enabling smarter system thanks to Artix-7 FPGA integrated on chip
- FPGA banks wide range PSU input from 1.2V to 3.3V
- Highest security and reliability: internal voltage monitoring and power good enable
- Reduced carrier complexity: CAN, USB, Ethernet GB and native 3.3V I/O
- Easy to USE thanks to SODIMM form factor
- Accurate timing application thanks to on-board 5ppm RTC
AN-BELK-004: Interfacing Xilinx Zynq EVB to TFT LCD display
SOM Mechanical Layout
BORA Lite 2D Mechanical Drawing (DXF format)
BORA Lite 3D Mechanical Drawing (STEP format)
Available evaluation boards:
BELK-L - BORA Lite Evaluation Kit
BORA Lite Evaluation Kit BELK-L-S is a development/test board designed to start working with the BORA Lite platform and experimenting with the implemented features. The carrier board hosts a BORA Lite SO-DIMM CPU module and offers the following features:
Price and availability
BORA Lite Embedded Linux Kit is composed of:
- BORAXEVB Carrier board
- BORA Lite adapter
- BORA Lite SO-DIMM
- Serial cable adapter for connect to system console +
- PINSTRIP 5 x 2 x 2,54 mm to DB9 connector
- U-Boot bootloader (source code and binaries)
- Linux operating system (source code and binaries)
- DVDK virtual machine with pre-installed development environment
- Full BORA documentation (Manuals, User's Guides, Application Notes, Carrier boards schematics, Mechanical Drawings...) included in the uSD card
- complimentary access to DAVE Embedded Systems' BORA RESERVED AREA
- Periodic updates (documentation revisions, new Application Notes, new Design notes)
BORA Evaluation Kit - BELK-L Description & Version
Please visit DAVE Embedded Systems Developer's Wiki for further information.
XILINX ZYNQ SDSoC Development Environment for BORA Lite SOM
The SDSoC™ development environment provides a greatly simplified ASSP-like C/C++ programming experience including an easy to use Eclipse IDE and a comprehensive design environment for heterogeneous Zynq® All Programmable SoC and MPSoC deployment. Complete with the industry’s first C/C++ full-system optimizing compiler, SDSoC delivers system level profiling, automated software acceleration in programmable logic, automated system connectivity generation, and libraries to speed programming. It also enables end user and 3rd party platform developers to rapidly define, integrate, and verify system level solutions and enable their end customers with a customized programming environment. DAVE Embedded Systems has integrated, in partnership with Xilinx, the SDSoC™ on BORA SOM based on Xilinx Zynq. Details about SDSoC development on BORA SOM:
PL I/Os enabled
Special Design Examples
Latest version tested
How to get it
- Contact DAVE Embedded Systems' sales office firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sales team will ask you information about your business case
- When approved, you will obtain access to DAVE Embedded Systems' reserved area where it is possible to download the available documentation and the SW release
- The SDSoC Development Environment is tested on DAVE Embedded Systems' official evaluation kit for BORA SOM.
- THE BORA Lite SOM Evaluation Kit ( BELK-L-S ) is available through all DAVE Embedded Systems' sales channels and Digikey and Mouser catalogues
Software Updates - LONG TERM SUPPORT:
DAVE Embedded Systems is committed to provide updated software along the life cycles of its products. This is possible maintaining products aligned with Silicon Vendor releases. Additionally to this the bug fixes are committed and published on GIT server. More information on how to have access to this are available HERE
Mean time between failures (MTBF)
QR code labels
View DAVE Embedded Systems certifications for ISO 13485, ISO 9001, REACH regulation, RoHS regulation, and more here.