i.MX6 S/D/Q - AXEL ULTRA
Processor: NXP/Freescale i.MX6
AXEL ULTRA is the new top-class Single - Dual - Quad Core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU module by DAVE Embedded Systems, based on the recent NXP/Freescale i.MX6 application processor. Thanks to AXEL ULTRA, customers have the chance to save time and resources by using a compact solution that permits to reach scalable performances that perfectly fits the application requirements avoiding complexities on the carrier board.
The use of this processor enables extensive system-level differentiation of new applications in many industry ﬁelds, where high-performance and extremely compact form factor (85mm x 50mm) are key factors. Smarter system designs are made possible, following the trends in functionalities and interfaces of the new, state-of-the-art embedded products. AXEL ULTRA offers great computational power, thanks to the rich set of peripherals, the Scalable ARM Cortex-A9 together with a large set of high-speed I/Os (up to 5GHz).
AXEL ULTRA enables designers to create smart products suitable for harsh mechanical and thermal environments, allowing the development of high computing and reliable solutions. Thanks to the tight integration between the ARM Core-based processing system, designers are able to share the application through the multicore platform and/or to divide the task on different cores in order to match with specific application requirements (thanks to AMP is possible to create application where RTOS and Linux works together on different cores).
- Unmatched performances thanks to Single/Dual/Quad Core @ up to 1.2 GHz
- All memories you need on-board
- Boot from NOR for safe applications
- Enabling massive computing applications thanks to wide range DDR3 RAM memory up to 4GB
- Wide range PSU input from 2.8V to 4.5V
- High mechanical retention up to 100G shock thanks to 3x140pins and 4 screw holes
- Reduced carrier complexity: dual CAN, USB, Ethernet GB, PCIe, SATA and native 3.3V I/O
- Suitable for Asymmetric Multicore Processing
- A timing application thanks to on-board 5ppm RTC
AN-XELK-003: Package Management with Yocto
XELK-H-S: AXEL ULTRA/ESATTA Evaluation Kit
AXEL ULTRA Evaluation Kit XELK is a carrier board designed to host AXEL ULTRA SOM. The Software Development Kit is unique for AXEL ULTRA / AXEL ESATTA and AXEL LITE SoMs. It is a development/test system designed to start working with the AXEL ULTRA / AXEL ESATTA and AXEL LITE platforms and experimenting with the implemented features.
Price and availability
The Evaluation Kit is available for sales on Digikey
AXEL Embedded Linux Kit is composed of:
- AxelEVB-Lite Carrier Board
- AXEL ULTRA SOM
- Serial cable adapter for connect to system console +
- PINSTRIP 5 x 2 x 2,54 mm to DB9 connector
- U-Boot bootloader (source code and binaries)
- Linux operating system (source code and binaries)
- DVDK virtual machine with pre-installed development environment
- Full AXEL documentation (Manuals, User's Guides, Application Notes, Carrier boards schematics, Mechanical Drawings...) included in the uSD card
- complimentary access to DAVE Embedded Systems' AXEL ULTRA RESERVED AREA
- Periodic updates (documentation revisions, new Application Notes, new Design notes)
AXEL ULTRA Evaluation Kit - XELK Description & Version
Please visit DAVE Embedded Systems Developer's Wiki for further information.
Software Updates - LONG TERM SUPPORT:
DAVE Embedded Systems is committed to provide updated software along the life cycles of its products. This is possible maintaining products aligned with Silicon Vendor releases. Additionally to this the bug fixes are committed and published on GIT server. More information on how to have access to this are available HERE
QR code labels
View DAVE Embedded Systems certifications for ISO 13485, ISO 9001, REACH regulation, RoHS regulation, and more here.