SDSoC: FPGA an easy solution
Many applications benefit from hard real time control because of safety reasons, increase of efficiency and/or many other reasons. This is a FPGA's key feature - how to use it with a SW (C, C++) background? Nowdays it is very simple thanks to Xilinx SDSoC tool and DAVE Embedded Systems expertise.
The DAVE Embedded System proposal is:
- Start meeting: round table about the customer final target and what is available from SDSoC / HLS tools
- Code sharing: in order to start up the activities some code has to be shared with DAVE Embedded Systems' SDSoC team.
- Demo time: within the code provided, the DAVE Embedded Systems' team will evaluate the effort and the acceleration that it is possible to reach with HLS. A demo will be prepared and presented to the customer.
- Know How delivery: DAVE Embedded Systems' team wil lshare with customer the SDSoC project, the fundamental rules to efficiently port the C and C++ code for HLS. This meeting shall take place at customer facilities and/or at DAVE Embedded Systems' premesis
- Ready to go: within the Know How achieved, customer is able to start developing/adapting working with SDSoC tools accelerating their C code in hardware
XILINX ZYNQ SDSoC Development Environment for BORA SOM
The Xilinx SDSoC™ development environment is a member of the Xilinx SDx™ family that provides a greatly simplified ASSP-like C/C++ programming experience including an easy to use Eclipse IDE and a comprehensive design environment for heterogeneous Zynq® All Programmable SoC and MPSoC deployment. Complete with the industry’s first C/C++ full-system optimizing compiler, SDSoC delivers system level profiling, automated software acceleration in programmable logic, automated system connectivity generation, and libraries to speed programming.
To access the capabilities of SDSoC, please visit Xilinx website.
The SDSoC™ development environment provides a greatly simplified ASSP-like C/C++ programming experience including an easy to use Eclipse IDE and a comprehensive design environment for heterogeneous Zynq® All Programmable SoC and MPSoC deployment. Complete with the industry’s first C/C++ full-system optimizing compiler, SDSoC delivers system level profiling, automated software acceleration in programmable logic, automated system connectivity generation, and libraries to speed programming. It also enables end user and 3rd party platform developers to rapidly define, integrate, and verify system level solutions and enable their end customers with a customized programming environment.
DAVE Embedded Systems is an SDSoC development environment-qualified Xilinx Alliance Member and offers BORA SOM Platform Support for SDSoC.
ASSP-like Programming Experience
- Easy to use Eclipse IDE to develop a full Zynq All Programmable SoC and MPSoC system with C/C++ applications
- Accelerate a function in Programmable Logic (PL) with a click of button
- Supports bare metal, Linux and FreeRTOS as target OS
- Xilinx libraries are available as part of Vivado HLS and optional hardware optimized libraries available from Alliance Member Auviz Systems
- Rapid estimation and area estimation including PS, data communication and PL in minutes
- Automated run-time instrumentation of cache, memory and bus utilizations
- Enables early and rapid generation and exploration for optimal total system architecture
Full System Optimizing Compiler
- Compiles C/C++ applications into a fully functional Zynq SoC and MPSoC system
- Automatic function acceleration in programmable logic generating both the ARM software and FPGA bitstream
- Optimizes the system connectivity and allows rapid system exploration of throughput, latency and area tradeoffs
How to get it
- Contact DAVE Embedded Systems' sales office firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sales team will ask you information about your business case
- When approved, you will obtain access to DAVE Embedded Systems' reserved area where it is possible to download the available documentation and the SW release
- The SDSoC Development Environment is tested on DAVE Embedded Systems' official evaluation kit for BORA SOM.
- THE BORA SOM Evaluation Kit ( BELK-L-S ) is available through all DAVE Embedded Systems' sales channels and Digikey and Mouser catalogues